This product is End of Life and not recommended for new designs. The SmartVR Module is available for existing designs with an MOQ of 100 pieces.
The SmartVR Module is an easy-to-use and cost effective voice/speech recognition development platform, based on Sensory’s RSC-4128 mixed signal processor, for developing speech synthesis and voice recognition applications. Its small size (42mm x 72mm) and two 28-pin connectors with 2.54mm pin spacing, make it breadboard friendly and suitable for prototype boards.
The SmartVR Module is available as a stand alone module or as part of two development kits:
The SmartVR Module is capable of running the latest Sensory’s FluentChip™ core technology libraries which offer:
- Speaker Dependent Recognition (works with any language but requires user training).
- Speaker Independent Recognition (do not require user training) available in the following laguages:
- US English
- UK English
- LA Spanish
- DTMF Synthesis.
- Speaker Verification.
- Record and Play.
SmartVR Module Hardware:
- RSC-4128 (with ROM Bootloader).
- 512KB Code/Const Flash.
- 512KB Data Flash (Serial).
- 128KB External RAM.
- Full access to RSC-4x I/O pins.
- Expansion bus:
- allows faster SPI interface to MMC cards
- 5 dedicated chip select outputs (1 used for MMC on DevBoard)
- 2 memory enable outputs (1 used for MMC on DevBoard)
- 8-bit wide, read-write memory bus
SmartVR Module Firmware (Virtual Machine):
- Stack based, no Floating Point, 16-bit Virtual Machine (VeeEm).
- Modified Harvard architecture:
- 64KB Code / Near-Const memory.
- 64KB Data memory.
- 1MB Far-Const memory.
- Native runtime support for:
- Most of Sensory’s FluentChip™ library functions (SI, SD, SV, SX, RPMSG).
- Some C Runtime functions (integer math, strings).
- Serial Flash and EEprom memory access.
- Fast SPI access to DevBoard memory-card socket (SD/SDHC/MMC).
- Generic I2C and SPI bus access (up to 5 SPI slaves).
- Generic and fast general purpose I/O access.
- Asynchronous serial interface (9600/230400 baud).
- Programmable in Standard C language (with extensions):
- Max 64KB program / 64KB volatile data memory.
- Up to 320KB read-only data (QuickT2SITM, QuickSynthesisTM data).
- Up to 512KB read-write data (SD, SV, RPMSG).